Adding a paved driveway to your home is a surefire way to add value, as it not only makes it look better, it provides a safer surface for people and vehicles to travel on.
Paving costs can vary, but the best way to get an idea of budget required is to get a few quotes from local companies and take things from there.
When trying to decide whether to pave your driveway, you should follow the tips below to ensure you get the best deal possible as well as a drive you’re proud of…
- Ask family and friends for recommendations of reputable contractors
- Get various traders to come and look at the property and give you a quote which includes time, expenses, and any other elements like drainage which may add cost
- Ask for a clear estimate on the amount of time expected to complete the job
- Once you’ve decided on a trader, ensure they have the relevant insurance required which they should be able to show you proof of. Likewise, get all contracts written up and ensure the work is guaranteed
- When you do get a contract make sure that all costs, timings, payment schedules and other finer points are clearly indicated
Once you’ve been through these steps you should be in a good place to start on your new drive!
Leave a Reply